Since its creation in 2002, the PHLCVB Foundation, in cooperation with the City Of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, has provided funding in support of activities that further our mission of planning, coordinating and implementing the marketing and promotion of conventions, special events and international tourism. The Foundation’s primary goal is to support activities that help position and promote Philadelphia as a top-tier travel destination.
Most recently, the PHLCVB Foundation helped fund welcome events and city beautification programs as part of the Democratic National Convention in July 2016.
Red, White & You Community Outreach Program
Since 2003, the Red, White & You program has supported a number of important community initiatives around the Army-Navy Game via the PHLCVB Foundation, including:
- Hosting 350 young people at the Army-Navy Game each year, introducing them to what makes the Game and Academies so special, through a partnership with the School District of Philadelphia’s JROTC program.
- Hosting Gold Star Families and Wounded Warriors at the Army-Navy Game, through a partnership with the Travis Manion Foundation. Each year, wounded military members from Walter Reed Hospital are given well-deserved VIP treatment as they attend the Game.
- Operation Gratitude Day — Since 2010, this program has collected countless items for care packages for our troops serving overseas at multiple locations throughout Philadelphia.
Interested in learning more or contributing to current PHLCVB Foundation programs? Contact Wanda Paul, PHLCVB Senior Vice President, at email@example.com or by calling 215-636-3325.
PHLCVB FOUNDATION BOARD
- Stephen Aichele, SAUL EWING LLP
- Bob Allen, PHILADELPHIA MARRIOTT
- Stephanie Boyd , PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER
- Julie Coker Graham, PHILADELPHIA CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
- Nick DeBenedictis, AQUA AMERICA
- Harold Epps, CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
- William Hankowsky, LIBERTY PROPERTY TRUST
- Sheila Hess, CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
- John Kroll, KEATING HOSPITALITY
- John Pierce, SAUL EWING LLP
- Greg Stafford, THE LOGAN HOTEL
- Anthony Tanzola, SAINT JOSEPH’S UNIVERSITY
- Bill Wilson, SYNTERRA, LTD.