The premier meeting for biomedical research worldwide -- the 2014 ASCB/IFCB Meeting is the conference of choice for scientists and students in academia, industry, government, and higher education. Over 100 scientific sessions and 2,500 poster presentations cover a variety of scientific areas. With opportunities to learn about the latest research and network with peers, the ASCB/IFCB Meeting appeals to the diverse interests of the international cell biology community.
“ASCB does a great job getting all experts in this field together, organizing great symposia and special subgroup talks, as well as providing awesome career coaching sessions.” -- Xiaobo Bai, graduate student, Drexel University
The ASCB/IFCB Meeting is the place to:
- Hear and communicate cutting-edge science
- Meet the leaders (and sometimes even a Nobel Prize winner or two) in the fields of cell biology, biophysics, stem cells, genomics...
- Participate in intimate science discussion tables to learn from leaders in the field where science is going and how you should position yourself
- Improve your presentations in sessions with professionals who have extensive TV and media experience
- Take advantage of unprecedented training opportunities including onsite CV review
- Visit over 300 commercial and nonprofit exhibits offering new products and services
- Network and make important contacts while looking for a job, including fellowship, postdoctoral, or new collaborator positions
- Improve teaching knowledge and skills
- Recruit and interview job candidates
- Attend sessions of special interest to students, minorities, and women
- Learn where and how to apply, as well as advocate for, research funding
ASCB organizes a great meeting and promotes female scientists very well. Women In Cell Biology is one of the reasons I feel confident that I can be both a successful female scientist and mother. -- Kassandra Ori, Postdoctoral fellow University of California, San Francisco
Learn more about ASCB