Tourism Industry Information
PHLCVB is helping media and industry officials define the impact of conventions and visitors on the Philadelphia region.
- Travel Means Jobs: Hospitality is the Philadelphia region's third-largest industry, with more than 68,000 hospitality-related jobs in Philadelphia County and 2522,000 in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Statistical Area (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). View this report from the U.S. Travel Association on how the travel industry can serve as a ticket to opportunity and a future path to prosperity — for our economy, communities and individuals nationwide. Learn more
- The PHLCVB Annual Report: Our latest annual report includes statistics and facts about our organization as well as the region. Learn more
- Meetings Mean Big Business in Philadelphia: View this infographic on the power of the meetings and convention segment of the travel and tourism industry in Philadelphia, developed by the PHLCVB. Learn more
- Major Conventions Serviced and Economic Impact for FY14: The PHLCVB hosted more than 520 meetings, events and conventions in 2014. Over 400,000 attendees consumed close to 570,000 hotel rooms nights and generated an estimated economic impact of $768 million for the City of Philadelphia. Click here for specifics on some of the largest conventions.
- PHL Airport Facts: PHL Fast Facts provides key statistics from the Philadelphia International Airport. Click here
- The Travel Effect: From the U.S. Travel Association, "Project: Time Off" is the research-driven initiative to prove the personal, business, social and economic benefits time off can deliver. Learn more
- Independence Visitor Center Corporation 2014 Annual Report: Our partners at the Independence Visitor Center welcomed nearly 2.2 million visitors in 2014, making it the most visited venue in the region. Learn more in their annual report.
- Visit Philadelphia: Check out additional research from our partners at Visit Philadelphia. Click here
- Philadelphia Developments: The Center City District & Central Philadelphia Development Corporation have released a four-year plan outlining the developments in Philadelphia for both hotel inventory as well as businesses. Learn more
Philadelphia Region Information
- Greater Philadelphia: Here for the Making: Select Greater Philadelphia's 2014 Regional Report offers a comprehensive analysis of Greater Philadelphia’s 11-county region. The Report includes information about the region and how it compares to other markets on a number of key areas of interest, including: talent, regional assets, industry clusters, support for business innovation, the value of the region, market access and quality of life. Learn more
- 2015 State of Center City Philadelphia: Center City District’s annual report is designed to measure the progress of Philadelphia's downtown, document its challenges and help those who seek to develop, locate, lease, invest or meet in Center City. Learn More
- The State of University City: Read up on the latest development along Philadelphia’s innovation corridor in this report from University City District. Learn more