Important Notice for Motor Coaches Visiting Philadelphia
As part of the City of Philadelphia's continuing efforts to improve Center City traffic and parking, all buses, motor coaches and tour buses are prohibited from parking on city streets, including the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Delaware Avenue/Columbus Boulevard and John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
In order to provide safe and secure parking facilities for vehicles and drivers, all coaches will be directed to the Callowhill Bus Center (CBC), located on Callowhill Street between Second and Third streets. Opened in 2003, the CBC offers a secure, convenient and comfortable location for motor coach drivers to wait for their groups or park their coach overnight. Drivers can park in one of 43 secured spaces and enjoy an air-conditioned waiting area that features bathrooms and showers, televisions, sleeping lounges and vending machines. Coupons and delivery from local restaurants are also available. Drivers are not able to stay in the facility overnight.
Download a PDF of the motorcoach parking map
Callowhill Bus Center Fees and Hours of Operation
- $20 per motor coach for the day (payable at the National Constitution Center's Independence Transportation Center (ITC) or the parking facility). Driver must display the parking permit they received with payment.
- Overnight parking is an additional $10 (for a total fee of $30). Reservations for overnight parking should be made before 5:00 p.m. by calling 215-925-3706.
- The parking area is open from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Motor coaches have an easy and efficient way to drop off and pick up groups visiting Philadelphia's Independence National Historical Park at the new Independence Transportation Center (ITC). The ITC has 11 spots for loading and unloading adjacent to the new National Constitution Center.
In addition to the new ITC, five drop-off and pick up locations (10-limit) are provided throughout the Historic District for motor coach groups. These are:· East side of Third Street, between Walnut and Chestnut streets (in front of the former INHP Visitors Center);
- In front of Christ Church on Second Street, between Arch and Market streets;
- In front of the Betsy Ross House on Arch Street, between Second and Third streets;
- In front of City Tavern, just north of Second and Walnut streets; and,
- Fifth Street, between Ranstead and Chestnut streets, for seniors and handicapped visitors only.
Coaches arriving at the museums on and near the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will find designated drop off/pick up zones (10-limit) at the following locations:
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum: west side of 20th Street
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: driveway at west entrance
- Rodin Museum: north side of Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- The Academy of Natural Sciences: west side of 19th Street
- Please Touch Museum: west side of 21st Street
Coaches are permitted to drop off/pick up at hotels, restaurants and attractions outside the Historic District.
For more information contact DLC Parking Services at 215-829-3330.