About the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB) creates positive economic impact across the Philadelphia region, driving job growth and promoting the health and vibrancy of our hospitality industry by marketing the destination, the Pennsylvania Convention Center and attracting overnight visitors. Our work engages our local community, as well as culturally and ethnically diverse regional, national and international convention, sporting event and tourism customers.
Who we are
Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, like Philadelphia, we are unstoppable. The heart of the PHLCVB lies in the soul of this city. The resourcefulness, resilience, and openness that we are built on and building upon drives us forward.
We are Philadelphia.
A private, nonprofit membership corporation, the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau was established in 1941 and is the official tourism promotion agency for the City of Philadelphia globally and the primary sales and marketing agency for the Pennsylvania Convention Center. We are an economic engine for the city, creating jobs and fueling the economy by bringing meetings, conventions and overseas travelers to Philadelphia. We are advocates for Philadelphia and the region’s continuous transformation of infrastructure, growth of human capital and brand asset management. We are connectors for meeting planners, conference attendees, tour operators, travelers and our partners by assembling resources to create great experiences. We are celebratory in our love for the City of Philadelphia, our passion for our clients and visitors and our role as ambassadors.
What we do for you
- Convention Sales: Focuses on booking meetings, conventions, tradeshows and special events into the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC), member hotels and off-site venues to generate hotel room nights and economic impact for the City and region. ConvSales@discoverPHL.com
- Convention Services: Convention Services: Assists planners and show organizers to ensure a smooth and successful meeting, convention or event in Philadelphia. ConvServices@discoverPHL.com
- Marketing & Communications: Supports the PHLCVB’s and PCC’s efforts by positioning Philadelphia and the region through innovative content such as advertising, marketing, public relations and digital campaigns. Marketing@discoverPHL.com
- Partnership: Recruits and services PHLCVB members and brings the hospitality community together through networking events and educational seminars. Membership@discoverPHL.com
- Global Tourism: Concentrates sales and marketing efforts on the international market (consumers, tour operators and travel agents), as well as the domestic group tour market. GlobalTourism@discoverPHL.com
- Finance & Administration: Handles accounting, human resources, office management and legal matters. HR@discoverPHL.com
- PHL Life Sciences: Raises the visibility of the tri-state region (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware) as a world-class destination for life sciences meetings, conventions and business. PHLLife@discoverPHL.com
- PHL Diversity: Partners with PHLCVB departments to attract and support multicultural conventions and tourism and ensures the multicultural community is an integral part of the Greater Philadelphia hospitality community. PHLDiversity@discoverPHL.com
- PHL Sports: Seeks to attract major national and international sporting events and conventions to the Greater Philadelphia region. Facilitates the annual Army-Navy Game. PHLSports@discoverphl.com