2017 was a year of incredible success for our industry:
- Hospitality is one of the region’s fastest growing employment sectors, supporting over 265,000 jobs regionally, making it the 4th largest employer overall.
- Center City hotel occupancy climbed to an all-time high of 78.2%, largely supported by a strong convention and sporting events calendar.
- The PHLCVB helped to bring 1.4 million visitors to the region, including our efforts to attract overseas visitors to the commonwealth.
These achievements were not accomplished alone. The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau would like to thank all of our partners for helping to grow a strong regional economy through tourism, and we look forward to working together to position Philadelphia as a leading destination for meetings, sporting events and global tourism.
Click to view the entire PHLCVB 2017 Annual Report: Impact That Matters.
PHLCVB: Who We Are
The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), a private, nonprofit membership corporation, is the official tourism promotion agency for the City of Philadelphia globally and the primary sales and marketing agency for the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
What We Do
WE PUT HEADS IN BEDS:
- By booking conventions into the Pennsylvania Convention Center and area hotels.
- By marketing Philadelphia as a premier destination for overseas visitors.
- By selling Philadelphia to the group tour market across the country.
How We Do It
- Business Development Divisions in three niche areas offering expertise and support to our sales team and incoming meeting planners: PHL Diversity, PHL Life Sciences and PHL Sports
- Highly Targeted Marketing to meeting planners, global public relations efforts and an award-winning website
- Strong Regional Support from 825+ members and strategic industry partners
- Sales and Marketing Representation Firms around the globe:
- Italy (also covers Spain)
- Germany (also covers Austria and Switzerland)
- U.K. (also covers Ireland)
- Nordic Region
2016 Annual Report: For the Record
Read all about the major milestones and successes of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau team in 2016, from the $989 million economic impact of meetings and conventions in the city to the $982 million impact from overseas visitors and beyond. Click here to view the PHLCVB 2016 Annual Report: For the Record.
2015 Annual Report: A Year of Progress & Partnerships
Read all about the major milestones and successes of the PHLCVB team in 2015, from the impact of meetings and conventions to how international travel to Philadelphia has grown. Click here to view the PHLCVB 2015 Annual Report: A Year of Progress & Partnerships.