Fairmount Park is just one green space easily accessible from Center City.
Philadelphia has a lot to be proud of. Here’s a sampling.
- Philadelphia ranks 12th on list Of American Cities with Most Energy Efficient Buildings (2015).
- Philadelphia ranks 9th in EPA’S list of Top Cities with Energy Star® Certified Buildings (2014).
- Philadelphia is home to the state’s largest green roof added to an existing structure in an urban area – PECO’s headquarters at 23rd and Market Streets.
- The expanded Pennsylvania Convention Center is LEED Certified and the 14th largest center in the U.S. with 1 million square feet of space.
- Philadelphia’s Comcast Center is a 1.2 million-square-foot LEED Gold-Certified office building; the largest green building in the city.
- Pennsylvania Convention Center received PECO’s Smart Idea Rebates in 2015 for installing three LED lighting projects.