As a delegate to the Second Continental Congress in 1776, Thomas Jefferson rented two rooms in this house where he proceeded to draft the Declaration of Independence. The reconstruction of this building dates from 1975.
This site is currently closed to visitors. Please check www.nps.gov/inde for additional information.
Distance from Independence Visitor Center: 0.09 miles
Distance from Sister Cities Visitor Center: 1.00 miles
Distance from Pennsylvania Convention Center: 0.42 miles