Founded in 1830, this Roman Catholic church is located in the heart of Philadelphia. St. John Neumann, then bishop, was consecrated here in 1852, and his funeral was held here in 1860. Thomas Penn Gaskell, great-great-grandson of William Penn, is buried in the graveyard next to the church. The 1857 statue of Mary survived a blaze in 1899. St. John's is served by Capuchin Franciscan Friars.
Distance from Independence Visitor Center: 0.58 miles
Distance from Sister Cities Visitor Center: 0.58 miles
Distance from Pennsylvania Convention Center: 0.23 miles