Founded in 1948, the American Academy of Neurology now represents more than 34,000 members and is dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered care and enhancing member career satisfaction.
The Association’s Goals are to:
- Ensure the ongoing health of the profession and the organization to support the unique needs of all members
- Personalize member communication and the member experience
- Educate and assist members in providing high-quality, high-value clinical care in the evolving health care environment
- Advocate for members and their patients on issues of importance to neurology, including access to high-quality, cost-effective care, research and fair payment
- Enhance member satisfaction, well-being and resiliency with resources that support members throughout their careers
- Promote neurology and neuroscience research and training