Everything about the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) is distinctive. It is the largest public construction project ever undertaken in the state of Pennsylvania. It combines historic preservation and architectural innovation with state-of-the-art technology, making it one of the most adaptable, high-tech convention centers in the nation. And its convenient Center City location means getting here couldn’t be easier.
Located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia, the PCC is one of the few convention centers designed to be uniquely woven into the city’s landscape. Within a short, safe and scenic walk, visitors have access to literally hundreds of restaurants, shops, cultural institutions, attractions and other downtown amenities.
We’re the one convention center that’s also a transportation hub, providing easy access no matter how you like to travel. Bus, subway, regional trains, airport rail link, Center City loop-they all stop here. Nearby parking is plentiful with more than 35,000 spaces. And our own thruway exit leads directly to the PCC’s 44 off-street loading docks.
Size matters. But services matter even more. The Center’s successful new Customer Satisfaction Agreement guarantees:
• Streamlined load-in
• Efficient set-up and breakdown
• Overall improved efficiency
• Coordinated services by a highly-trained, diverse workforce
• Flexible work rules allowing booths up to 300 square feet and not requiring power tools to be assembled by exhibitors
PCC by the Numbers
(All measurements in square feet.)
|Exhibit Hall Space||440,000 sq. ft.||239,000 sq. ft.||679,000 sq. ft.|
|Main Level||315,000 sq. ft||213,000 sq. ft.||528,000 sq. ft. contiguous|
|Street Level||125,000 sq. ft.||26,000 sq. ft.||151,000 sq. ft.|
|Number of Halls||4||3||7|
|Ballroom Space||32,000 sq. ft.||55,400 sq. ft.||87,400 sq. ft.|
|Grand Hall||35,000 sq. ft.||–||35,000 sq. ft.|
|Number of Meeting Rooms||50||29||79|
Up to High-Speed
Our new Internet backbone is scalable for shows. We can increase the connectivity from 35MB to 50MB all the way up to 1Gigabyte Internet access speeds depending on the show requirements.
• Your exhibitors are provided with private, high-speed DSL networks for connectivity. There is no sharing of networks so data is secure.
• Fastlink service provides a 3 mb/s, Ethernet connection that includes 20 Public IP addresses and one 16-port data switch.
• Wireless technology is available throughout the facility to service event requirements. Free wireless hotspots in the concourses and the Overlook are available to attendees and premium paid wireless is available in the exhibit halls, grand hall, ballroom, and meeting rooms throughout the facility. Also, shows can rent part of, or the entire wireless infrastructure for their show.
• We offer meeting planners and event sponsors the opportunity to generate sponsorship revenue by utilizing all or part of the PA Convention Center’s wireless network. We have several programs available and can also custom design programs to fit the exact needs for you.
• Computer kiosks in the Business Center and the Overlook Cafe keep your attendees connected throughout your show.
• Our on-site technology professionals can help develop and implement technology services that exceed your expectations.
The Numbers Add Up:
At the Pennsylvania Convention Center, everything adds up to convenience.
• 2 Subway lines within 2 blocks International Airport and Center City
• 7 Regional Rail Lines that connect directly to the Center
• 8 SEPTA bus routes providing direct service to the Center
• 15 SEPTA bus and subway-surface routes within several blocks walking distance
And direct train service to Philadelphia International Airport and Amtrak’s 30th Street Train Station.