Each year, millions of people from around the globe visit Philadelphia for meetings, conventions and tradeshows. And that number continues to grow.
The expanded Pennsylvania Convention Center, under management by ASM Global, has seen increased interest and bookings since the signing of a new customer satisfaction agreement. In addition, Philadelphia’s global brand transformation of infrastructure, growth of human capital and brand asset management.
Take advantage of the extensive network and resources of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB). Reach the lucrative meetings and convention market, as well as international travel and group tour audiences, and generate new business as a member of our valued hospitality community.
1. Connect with convention decision makers: Reach meeting, convention and tradeshow planners who generate millions of dollars in positive economic impact for our city, attracting new meeting-related business and attendees to Philadelphia.
2. Increase your visibility through PHLCVB publications: Receive a company listing in print and online in the Philadelphia Official Visitors Guide™ and the Destination Planners Guide, plus online at discoverPHL.com, the City’s official global convention and visitor website.
3. Spread your news on social media: We could talk about Philadelphia all day long, and we do on our social media channels. Members can send us updates on events, news, and special offers and we’ll feature them on our platforms.
4. Use the Convention Calendar to find new business leads: The regularly updated Convention Calendar provides details on definite meeting and convention bookings to help you get new business, including meeting planner contact information, dates and expected attendance figures.
5. Get global exposure: Members can host and be a part of International Familiarization Tours, where we showcase Philadelphia and member businesses to visiting tour operators, international journalists and meeting planners.
6.Make valuable connections: Network with fellow members at our business-building, educational and social events throughout the year. Generate new ideas for success while meeting industry colleagues.
7. Join the PHLCVB at tradeshows to build new relationships: Join our convention and tourism sales teams at events throughout the world as they cultivate relationships with meeting planners, tour operators, journalists and other decision makers in the lucrative convention and tourism business.
8. Keep up-to-date with PHLCVB news: Our e-newsletter highlights news, activities and events associated with meeting planners, international visitors and group tour operators to keep you on top of the latest industry news.
9. Get access to exclusive, members-only content: The password-protected Members-Only section of discoverPHL.com provides access to industry research, sales and tourism leads, member-related news, updated conventions listings and much more.
10. Take advantage of premier advertising opportunities: Enjoy advertising opportunities in the Philadelphia Official Visitors Guide™, Destination Planners Guide, on discoverPHL.com, on our official city map and in national and international co-op advertising programs.
“Our membership in the PHLCVB has paid dividends in many ways. We have benefitted not only from increased business through the many conventions they bring to town but the relationships we have developed with the Bureau staff and others in the hospitality industry as a result will pay off for years to come.”
— Stephen J. Wildemann, Advanced Staging Productions
“Our PHLCVB membership has substantially increased our reach to customers coming into the city from other parts of the country. From our restaurants to our events and catering division, everyone has seen the benefits of increased business as a result.”
— Judy Moore, Garces Group
“This past year I was very impressed how PHLCVB took advantage of the changes at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and booked an impressive amount of business in a short time. I have traveled on sales missions and have witnessed their professionalism and love of Philadelphia firsthand. The future of our industry is in good hands, and I look forward to our continued partnership.”
— Ed Grose, Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association