Upcoming Philadelphia sports events calendar highlights major attractions coming to Philadelphia via the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau. Check out the big events coming to the city this year. To learn about sponsorship/partnership opportunities with any of these sporting events, contact PHL Sports.
Also see our past events, annual events and events in coming years.
NHL Stadium Series
- February 23, 2019
- The Philadelphia Flyers will play host to the Pittsburgh Penguins outdoors at Lincoln Financial Field, home of the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles, on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019, as part of the 2019 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™. This will be part two in the outdoor “Battle for Pennsylvania.” The Penguins took round one in 2017, playing to a crowd of more than 67,000 at Heinz Field when they edged out the Flyers in a 4-2 win. The game will be the Flyers fourth regular-season appearance outdoors, and the Penguins fifth such game.
- February 27, 2019
- United States Women’s National Team will play the opening match of the 2019 SheBelieves Cup at Talen Energy Stadium, home of the Philadelphia Union. The match takes place on Wednesday, February 27 at 7:00 p.m. ET, and is to be preceded by England vs. Brazil at 4:00 p.m. ET. The 2019 SheBelieves Cup serves as an integral part of the USWNT’s “Countdown to the Cup,” a series of matches for the side that will lead into next summer’s FIFA Women’s World Cup in France. For tickets, please visit ussoccer.com.
Philly 4 Lacrosse Classic
- March 8 & 10, 2019
- The Philly 4 Lacrosse Classic is a celebration of one of the fastest growing sports in college athletics and in the Philadelphia region. Fans can cheer on Philadelphia’s four Division I programs in Drexel, University of Pennsylvania, Saint Joseph’s University, and Villanova on March 8th and 10th. Games will be hosted at Villanova Stadium on March 8th at 5:00 PM Drexel will host Saint Joseph’s University and at 7:30 PM Villanova will host the University of Pennsylvania. For tickets, click here. On March 10th at Drexel University’s Vidas Field, Drexel will host Villanova at 12:00 PM and at 2:30 PM University of Pennsylvania hosts Saint Joseph’s University. For tickets, click here.
- April 13-15 & April 19-21, 2019
- The Pennsylvania Convention Center will host the 2019 Under Armour NEQ. The North East Qualifier is highly competitive National Championship Qualifier tournament, which currently hosts 860 teams, 8,600 participants and 34,000 spectators. The best indoor junior female volleyball athletes, their coaches, college coaches, and their friends and families travel from around the country to be a part of this. Visit NEQVolleyball.com for more details.
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championships
- May 25-27, 2019
- The 2019 NCAA Divisions I, II, III, Men’s Lacrosse Championships are hosted by Drexel University and will be held at Lincoln Finical Field in Philadelphia. The Division I semifinals (two games) are Saturday, May 25; the Division II and Division III National Championships games (two games) are Sunday, May 26; and the Division I National Championship game is Monday, May 27. Drexel University and Philadelphia will host the 2020 Men’s Lacrosse Championships at Lincoln Financial Field two years in a row! Tickets are on sale now!
CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarterfinals Doubleheader
- June 30, 2019
- Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field was announced as the host of a doubleheader in the Quarterfinal round, featuring the winner of Group B facing the Group D runner up, as well as the Group D winner taking on the Group B runner up. The matches take place on Sunday, June 30, 2019, with kickoff times and broadcast information to be determined. Once all nations have qualified for the Gold Cup, Costa Rica is confirmed to be the highest seeded team in Group B, while the United States is the highest seeded team in Group D. For more information, please click here.
USA vs Canada U-20 Race Walk Match
- August 17, 2019
- Mid Atlantic was awarded the bid to host the USA vs Canada U-20 Race Walk Match. The event will be held in Philadelphia this coming August 17, 2019 on our Chamounix Drive course. For more information, please click here.
U.S. Open Squash Championships
- October 2019
- Drexel University will host the 2018 U.S. Open Squash Championships, the most prestigious squash tournament in the country at the newly renovated Daskalakis Athletic Center in downtown Philadelphia. Visit usopensquash.com for more details.
- Fall 2019
- Army-Navy Cup soccer will be returning to Talen Energy Stadium for the seventh consecutive year. In just a few short years, this match has become one of the highest attended collegiate soccer matches in the nation. Tickets for the 8th edition of Army-Navy Cup will be on sale later this summer.
120th Army-Navy Game presented by USAA
- December 14, 2019
- On December 14, Philadelphia and Lincoln Financial Field will again host sports’ greatest rivalry. This marks the 89th time that America’s Game has called Philadelphia home. Don’t miss your chance to be on hand and see what has been hailed as, “one of the top 5 sporting events to see live.” For more information on the 2019 Army-Navy Game presented by USAA, and to purchase game tickets, parking, VIP Tailgate, Gala, merchandise and discounted hotels, visit PhillyLovesArmyNavy.com.
Click for future events in Philadelphia.