No matter what you’re watching, you can bet Philadelphia has fans of the game and a bar full of people watching it. Discover Philadelphia’s best sports bars:
- XFinity Live! Philadelphia: This entertainment center is located right in the Wells Fargo Complex. The huge 24-foot-wide LED TV screen in the outdoor area and the 32-foott HD TV inside NBC Sports Arena puts you right in the middle of the game. You can also opt to dine at one of the six restaurants on site including 1100 Social (serving a blend of Mexican and Asian flavors), Victory Beer Hall (serving craft beers at communal tables) or the Broad Street Bullies Pub (your timeless neighborhood pub featuring memorabilia of the Broad Street Bullies team).
- Cavanaugh’s Rittenhouse: Located steps from Rittenhouse Square, Cavanaugh’s is a hopping bar no matter what game is on their 20 hi-def HDTVs. The menu is not your standard bar fare, with bright flavored fish tacos, Guinness-braised short ribs and cornmeal-crusted calamari. Not to mention the stellar daily specials including half-price cheesesteaks on Mondays, 45-cent wings on Thursdays and free halftime hoagies on Sundays.
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House and Sports Bar: This Philly favorite has been voted Best Sports Bar in North American by ESPN and it’s easy to see why. The restaurant and bar has been in business for over 35 years and pleases their sports fans not only with their 14 foot television and bar, but their irresistible signature Crabfries: crinkle cut fries tossed with a special seasoning and served with a creamy sauce.
- Dave & Buster’s: Enjoy loads of HDTVs, stadium sound, sports viewing parties, game day specials and more, plus arcade and dockside bar in the summer.
- Brauhaus Schmitz: While this popular spot feels more like a German restaurant/pub, the place really comes alive when a game is on. The menu boasts authentic German fare including potato pancakes, cheese and cured meats sharing plates and schnitzel sandwiches. The beer list is stellar with over 25 draughts on tap and 90 in bottles, opt for some traditional German sips for a true experience.
- Field House Sports Bar: Attached to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Downtown Marriott, this sports bar and beer hall features 40 local craft beers and and interactive game room with Shuffleboard, Pinball, Basketball Arcade, Skeeball, Bubble Hockey, Darts, and Golden Tee Golf. Over 50 HDTVs and four different sound zones, Field House is home to over 20 college Alumni Associations and the largest sports bar in the center city and convention center district. Sicilian Pizzas made to order for groups and large reservation walk ins accepted, private events for groups from 20-2,000 people.
- City Tap House: Offering craft brews from local breweries and favorites from around the world as well as authentic, brick oven pizza and elevated, American pub fare, City Tap House offers a rustic yet comfortable bar and dining atmosphere featuring reclaimed barn wood and repurposed steel and a 15 foot multiscreen and an open view of the kitchen.
- McGillin’s Olde Ale House: As Philadelphia’s oldest and most famous Irish pub, this historic tavern features a roaring fireplace, high beamed ceilings, and a unique collection of innkeepers’ licenses from 1860, all displayed above an antique mahogany bar.
- Irish Pub: A Philadelphia institution, the Irish Pub is a combination of Dublin saloon and an all American neighborhood bar with turn of the century hand carved cherry wood bars surrounded by period tile. Booths line the walls, which are adorned with sports, theater, and political memorabilia.
- Ladder 15: With an upscale bar menu, premium drink selections and sleek industrial décor, Ladder 15 offers weekday happy hour specials and is open for lunch and dinner daily.
- Bar-Ly Chinatown Philly: Located steps away from the Philadelphia Convention Center and Chinatown with over 60 beers on draft, a full liquor bar, and a variety of intercontinental bar food, Bar-Ly is a great location to watch your favorite sports game on nearly 37 large HD TVs (8 NFL ticket packages are located here – that means every NFL game will be played) while enjoying tasty cocktails, juicy burgers, a variety of wings, delicious pizzas, sizzling fajitas, savory steaks, and even pan fried dumplings.
- Buffalo Billiards Philadelphia: The sports bar features 17 HDTV’s, 8 pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, 2 full bars with craft beers highlighted on draft.
- SPiN Philadelphia, A Ping Pong Social Club: The city’s only table tennis-focused bar offering professional Olympic ping pong tables, VIP private ping pong lounge space.
- SugarHouse Casino: Enjoy 24-hour gaming action at all your favorite slots and table games, dining featuring Geno’s, Tacconellis, Saxbys and Hugo’s Frog Bar & Chop House from famed Gibsons Restaurant Group, headliner entertainment and a waterfront patio. Free self and valet parking.
- Tír na nÓg Irish Bar & Grill: Providing a unique Irish experience of a pub with New American cuisine, live sports, EPL and Rugby.
The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB) is the official tourism promotion agency for the City of Philadelphia globally.