With the largest city-owned urban park system in the world, Philadelphia is one of the greenest cities in America. If you are visiting in the summer, don’t miss these picturesque pop-up parks, offering places to cool off, relax and unwind.
- The Oval
- Through Aug. 20, 2017
- Wednesdays through Sundays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Located in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Oval is eight acres of public space located on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Each year, the space is transformed into an urban oasis with interactive games, special events, live music, movie nights, performances and workshops, as well as a rotating line-up of food trucks and a beautiful beer garden.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park
- Through Oct. 1, 2017
- Located in the Marina at Penn’s Landing along the Delaware River, picturesque Spruce Street Harbor Park consists of three landscaped barges, a net lounge and floating gardens. More than 50 colorful handmade hammocks are strung throughout the park to create a relaxing place to spend summer days and nights, and visitors can also cool off with a quick splash in one of the park’s fountains. Waterfront bocce and shuffleboard courts, plus life-sized chess and Connect Four, as well as food and drinks from popular Philly restaurants, make it is easy to spend an afternoon (or a whole day!) relaxing in this seasonal park.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest
- Mondays through Thursdays from 1 to 11 p.m.
Fridays from 1 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Sundays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Skate at Philadelphia’s first and only outdoor roller skating rink, also located on the beautiful Delaware River with a view of the Ben Franklin Bridge. Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest also features a 200-seat, air-conditioned space with picnic tables and beach-themed décor, plus a 9-hole mini-golf course.
- The Midway at Summerfest made its debut June 23 with a 60-foot Ferris wheel, carousel and boardwalk-style games, transforming the rink into Philadelphia’s urban beach. Click here for Midway hours and details.