Health Care Disparities Workshop
- National Liberty Museum (321 Chestnut St, Philadelphia PA 19106)
- In partnership with the PHL Life Sciences Division, the Health Care Disparities workshop will spark a conversation on the various disparities and gaps within the diverse health care system. Stay tuned for more information.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy — Retaining and Sustaining
- A MED Week Program
- “Organizations have developed a range of Diversity and Inclusion Strategies centered upon engaging diverse dimensions that differentiate groups and people from one another. Respecting and appreciating these differences in ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, education and religion.
Creating an environment of inclusion ensuring the right conditions are in place for each person to achieve his or her full potential. Reflecting an organization’s culture, practices and relationships are in place to support a diverse workforce. (Diversity is the mix; inclusion is getting the mix to work well together.)
As a PHL Diversity contribution to Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week (Oct. 3–7t, TBD), we will explore how organizations can Retain and Sustain established Diversity and Inclusion Strategies and share what minority businesses should know.
Aging in Diverse Communities Workshop
- November 2017
- In partnership with the Center City Proprietors Association and The ChangingAging Tour, PHLDiversity hosts an exciting workshop on the trials and tribulations of aging in the workplace and how it varies depending on the community.
- Stay tuned for more information
2018 Business Opportunity Luncheon
This dynamic program provides vendor opportunities, access, and specific insights into contract needs for upcoming diverse meetings and conventions. The Luncheon encourages multicultural business and social responsibility that contributes to and benefits from the varying diverse communities that enhance our region’s hospitality and tourism industry. Stay tuned for more details on the exciting groups that will be represented on the panel for the Business Opportunity Luncheon in 2018.